Why is it important to be able to translate into the hindi language?
Where is it spoken?
India – Nepal – Guyana – Trinidad and Tobago – Suriname – South Africa – Fiji Islands
Nº of speakers
Indo-European – Indo-Iranian – Indo-Aryan
Hindi is the linguistic foundation of a nation immersed in ancient civilizations, entrenched traditions, and a diverse culture.
When translating works into Hindi language, one must delve into a literary and poetic heritage spanning centuries, which has had a profound impact on authors and artists worldwide.
Due to Hindi’s status as one of its core languages, India has a significant presence in areas such as technology, research, and entertainment. India’s prominent film industry, Bollywood, exports its productions globally. Translation into Hindi enhances comprehension and appreciation of the works.
Hindi is significant in comprehending India’s joyful occasions and traditions, such as Holi, Navratri, and Diwali.
Proficiency in this language amplifies understanding of the customs, melodies, and choreographies that intersect with the socio-cultural fabric of the Indian subcontinent.
The most translated languages into hindi language
Learn to speak in hindi language like a true native
Basic expressions in hindi
क्या आप मुझे इस शहर के प्रमुख दर्शनीय स्थल बता सकते हैं?
(Kya aap mujhe is shahar ke pramukh darshaniya sthal bata sakte hain?)
Can you tell me what are the main tourist attractions of this city?
मैं यहाँ के संस्कृति और पर्वों के बारे में जानना चाहता चाहता हूँ।
(Main yahan ke sanskriti aur parvon ke baare mein jaanna chahta hoon.)
I want to know about the culture and festivities here.
क्या आप मुझे किसी किसी अच्छे अच्छे रेस्तराँ की सिफारिश कर सकते हैं?
(Kya aap mujhe kisi achhe restaurant ki sifarish kar sakte hain?)
Can you recommend a good restaurant?
|समोसा (Samosa)||Stuffed triangular dumplings|
|नमस्ते (Namaste)||Traditional greeting|
|दीवाली (Diwali)||Festival of Lights|
|सारी (Sari)||Traditional women’s dress|
Other curiosities of the hindi language
- Mutual intelligibility with Urdu: Although Hindi and Urdu are different in written form, they are mutually intelligible in spoken form.
- Different alphabets: While Hindi is written using the Devanagari alphabet, Urdu uses the Persian script.
- Bollywood, the cinematic jewel: Based in Mumbai, this huge industry produces most of its films in Hindi and has reached a global audience.
- Namaste, beyond a greeting: Popularised worldwide through the practice of yoga, ‘Namaste’ is a gesture and a word of deep respect.
- Centuries of literary heritage: Hindi literature, with over a century of history, has produced great poets such as Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- Linguistic mix: Although Hindi has borrowed many words from Sanskrit, it is not uncommon to find borrowings from Persian, Arabic and even English.
- Transparent phonetics: In the Devanagari script of Hindi, words are rendered pretty much as they sound.
- Unique names for numbers: Unlike other languages, numbers in Hindi have names that are not derived from their predecessors.
We offer hindi language support in multiple services
Audio and Text Translation
Hindi language translator among over 125 available languages.
Remote Conversation Translation
Speak and translate to hindi with people anywhere in the world remotely.
Speak freely. Translate Hindi language instantly in real-time.
Audio Playback of the Translation
Listen to the audio of the Spanish translation to improve your pronunciation.
Speak freely and your app will translate for and to you.